Tuesday, April 10, 2007

where to sell 45s LPs 78s on line

By far away the best site for me is ebay. For common records that aren't worth shipping, I post an ad on craigslist. Plus it's free. I usually lot them up by genre and sell them that way. Third in terms of sales for me is Amazon, but when I get more listed, that's going to go up.

I've tried Musicstack in the past, but didn't have any luck. I'm still signed up on Buybundle (they're still free, and when they start charging it'll be commission only)which lists my Amazon inventory on gbase. I've tried Alibris, too, which lets you list vinyl lps & cassettes, but no luck. Most of the vendors on there tend to be higher end booksellers, so it may not be the target audience for music sellers. Some of my inventory is also listed on GEMM.com, but sales are few and far between.

GEMM doesn't charge a listing fee, nor does Amazon. You can download a sample spreadsheet from both places, combine them, and then post your listings to both places, which cuts your listing time. Alibris also supports this, but they charge a monthly fee depnending on how many items you list. Chrislands can take your Amazon listings and post them on your own website. Many booksellers love them, but I don't have any feedback for music sellers.

Also check out Goldmine magazine - especially for the definitions of record grading!

For 78's, the only ones I've found worth listing on eBay were early rock 'n roll, some jazz, and blues (how i wish I could find more of that). For other 78's, send $2 for this list: Docks, PO Box 691035, San Antonio, TX 78269. They'll send you a comprehensive listing of what labels and types of music on 78 they'll buy. Usually a few bucks a disc, but hey, it's a cash buyer.

1 comment:

dvdchris said...

Hey, how do you sell vinyl records on Amazon? I dont see a way to list them. It doesnt seem to be listed as a category.