Sunday, April 8, 2007

why i've started this blog

There seems to be plenty of resources for selling vinyl records on the web, but no spot tying them altogether. My aim here is to be a resource for online vinyl dealers, but also acting as a clearinghouse for the general public with their vinyl selling questions.

Me - i've been involved with selling music for most of my life, starting as a teenager working at Second Coming Records in Greenwich Village. I owned a b&m record store for 15 years, now selling exclusively online. I sell on ebay, amazon, buybundle/gbase, gemm and craigslist. I've tried a few of the others, such as Musicstack.

So my first tip is to start listing your vinyl on Amazon. If you're already a pro merchant, you can create your own pages to list. If not, hope someone else has already created a page for the lp you want to sell. BTW, you can also list cassettes now. My first sale was Pink Floyd's The Wall, gatefold version, vg/vg for $20!

No comments: