Monday, August 3, 2009

save those old sleeves!

When going through a collection I bought, I always strip the paper sleeves from the ones I'm junking. The generic paper ones I put in one box - for putting one on a record that doesn't have one before I sell it. Generic record company ones I put in a separate box - nothing like a 60's Columbia sleeve to spruce up that Johnny Cash Live at San Quentin. If you seem to be getting an excess of these, you can put 'em up as a lot on eBay and get 25c to 50c apiece. The album specific ones I usually trash - how many Billy Joel lyric do you really need?

The LPs that are thrashed - strip the paper sleeve, save the jacket for packing - one top and bottom in the box - and save the lp for craft projects. Make bowls, flowers, and much more. Check out etsy.com for ideas - type in lps or albums to get ideas. Other stores put 'em in a box outside - craft project lps 50c each! A few stores around here sell bowls for $4 each - spraypainted flowers for $10 - $20 apiece - the spray-painted flowers go for 10 to 20 bux apiece.

Hope these ideas help you pay for your next collection.

No comments: